We encourage your child to be a successful learner by being:
- Resilient- knowing how to work through problems and difficulties
- Resourceful – able to learn in a variety of different ways using resources effectively
- Reflective – planning, thinking and drawing on their experiences as a learner
- by demonstrating Reciprocity – being able to learn alone or with other people
‘Aiming High’ An education taking SHAPE
- To provide a welcoming and friendly school where children are happy, safe and secure.
- To ensure all children are supported, guided and cared for well.
- To help children grow in self-confidence and self-esteem.
- To encourage healthy lifestyle choices and a positive attitude.
- To set high expectations and achieve high standards.
- To celebrate success and reward progress and achievement
- To expect high standards of behaviour, courtesy and politeness.
- To be responsible citizens contributing to school and the wider community.
- To provide an interesting, exciting and imaginative curriculum that supports and challenges all learners.
- To encourage all children and families to participate fully in the opportunities offered.
The school will ……
- Care for your child’s safety and happiness
- Encourage children to become confident, independent learners to achieve their full potential in school.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and other people in school.
- Provide a balanced and stimulating curriculum to meet the needs of your child.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times to achieve high standards of work and behaviour.
- Keep parents and carers informed about school activities through regular newsletters, information and notices about special events.
- Arrange termly consultation sessions to discuss children’s progress.
- Be welcoming to parents and carers and offer opportunities to become involved in school life.
- Let parents and carers know of any concerns or problems that affect their child’s work or behaviour.
Parents/Carers will …….
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, on time and is properly equipped for all lessons and activities.
- Ensure that my child is wearing the correct uniform.
- Inform the school of any absence on the first day.
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour by adhering to the Parent Code of Conduct Policy, reinforcing good behaviour and respect for others.
- Attend parents evenings to discuss my child’s progress.
- Support my child in completing homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Let the school know about any concerns or problems that might affect my child’s work or behaviour.
- Keep the school informed about where I can be contacted in an emergency.
The child will ……
- Bring all the equipment I need every day.
- Be kind, polite and helpful to others.
- Take care of school equipment and the school building.
- Follow our school rules.
- Tell an adult if I have a problem or I am worried.
- Try my best at all times.